Samuel Grand Park
Thursday – Sunday: $20; $17 for seniors and students.
Tuesday and Wednesday: pay-what-you can. (Suggested donation $20)
*Veterans, service members, and children 10 and under are always free
Nestled in the eastern portion of Samuell-Grand Park next to the Tenison golf course, Samuell-Grand Amphitheater provides a wonderful park setting that can accommodate blankets, sand chairs, and lawn chairs. When the gates open, the lawn begins to fill with couples, families, and groups of friends with coolers and picnic baskets in tow! Come early to save your spot and set up your perfect picnic whether you prefer wine and cheese; sandwiches, chips and soda; or maybe take-out from your favorite restaurant! The picnic spreads at Samuell-Grand are as varied as the beautiful city we love.
Don’t forget bug spray (we are outside in Texas after all) and maybe an umbrella to shield yourself from the sun as it sets behind the park. But fear not, by showtime the entire lawn will be shaded as day turns to night.
Address: 1500 Tenison Parkway, Dallas, TX 75223
6:45pm: Members Only
7:00pm: Groups, Special Guests, Advanced Ticket Holders, and Lawn Pass holders
7:30pm: General admission tickets go on sale at the park
8:15pm: Show begins
*During the Fall & Winter season, shows begin at 8:00pm, entry times remain the same.
Food and Alcohol
Adults 21 and over are welcome to bring beer & wine to the park. However, no hard liquor is permitted. Patrons are more than welcome to bring outside food into the park; however, concessionaires are also available on site for your convenience.
- In all lawn areas, including the Members Only section, guests are expected to honor the following arrangement: blankets closest to the front, sand chairs in the middle, high back chairs in the back. (A sand chair is a short lawn chair with a back that is 16 inches or less. A high back chair is a chair with a back that is 16 inches or higher.)
- The middle section of the lawn is reserved specifically for Shakespeare Dallas members and Season Pass holders. Only members and Season Pass holders are allowed to sit in that area. Not a member or a Season Pass holder? Join today.
- General admission seating is located on either side of the lawn.
- Special groups are provided with reserved seating either in the Sherry W. Shannon Pavilion or in the general admission section of the lawn. Pavilion seating is available only at our Samuell Grand location. Group Sales are available for groups of 10 or more. Click here to make a reservation.
- All guests are encouraged strongly to be considerate of those around them by looking to make sure a fellow audience member’s view is not blocked by a high-back chair. For audience comfort and convenience, Shakespeare Dallas offers sand chairs for rent at $5 each or 2 for $8.
Access to the Arts
Shakespeare Dallas strives to give the community accessible cultural arts by offering a flexible, scaled fee structure.
- Thursday – Sunday: $20 for adults, $17 for seniors and students.
- Tuesday and Wednesday: pay-what-you can. (Suggested donation $20)
- Children 10 and under are always free.
- Veterans and service members free.
- Shakespeare Dallas Members always enjoy unlimited free admission to Shakespeare in the Park, along with special seating and early entry. Not a member yet? Join Today.
- Group sales for 10 or more are also available for $18 each. Click here for more information.
- In conjunction with the City of Dallas Office of Cultural Affairs and Parks and Recreation Department, Shakespeare Dallas will offer a limited number of free tickets to events at Samuell-Grand Amphitheater to be distributed at local City of Dallas Recreation Centers.Premium Pavilion Seating
- Tuesday Sunday Premium General Admission $25
Group Tickets: $2 off, $23
Samuell-Grand feature several parking areas near and around the theatre. Attended parking lot areas are $5 per car. There is no charge to park on the street. Shakespeare Dallas members receive a complimentary parking pass for use in the attended lot. Annual parking passes are also available for purchase for $15.
While it is usually breezy and cooler at the Park, weather conditions in North Texas can change rapidly. No performance will be cancelled due to weather prior to show time. The decision to delay or cancel a performance is made at 8 p.m. nightly. Our Facebook page also has the most up-to-date information on prior cancellations.
Shakespeare Dallas generally does not issue refunds except for the double- or over-charging of goods and services. In the event of a weather-related cancellation of a show, rain checks are issued so that our patrons may have every opportunity to see another performance. Refunds may only be issued for show cancellations during the last weekend of performances.
Samuell-Grand Amphitheater is wheelchair-accessible. In addition, the amphitheater houses a special section of permanent seats to accommodate visitors who may have difficulty with lawn seating. Additionally, patrons may request covered pavilion seating a no additional cost to accommodate their needs.
For the safety and comfort of all visitors, pets are not allowed in the park. Only service animals assisting visually impaired or disabled guests will be admitted.
Recording Devices and Cell Phones
Please feel free to bring recording devices to the Samuell-Grand Amphitheater to document your enjoyable experience with Shakespeare Dallas. Once the performance has begun, please discontinue the use of any recording devices. Taking photographs poses a risk to the actors. Using digital cameras or video recorders violates union rules for the reproduction of a performance. Please turn off cell phones and pagers during the performance to prevent technical difficulties and interference during the performance.
We value your patronage and safety. While Shakespeare Dallas maintains high safety standards, it is important to advise you that there is some risk associated with our amphitheater seating relating to extreme weather conditions, lighting towers and other elements of a park environment. By entering the Samuell-Grand Amphitheater, our guests assume all risks associated with the production and staging of live outdoor theater and agree to release Shakespeare Dallas, staff, event sponsors and all agents thereof from any and all liabilities associated with this production. If there are any questions please feel free to speak to a representative from our producing staff.