Indoor Winter Performance
3nd Annual Indoor Winter Season:
By William Shakespeare
Directed by Mason York
Twelfth Night—an allusion to the night of festivity preceding the Christian celebration of the Epiphany—combines love, confusion, mistaken identities, and joyful discovery.
After the twins Sebastian and Viola survive a shipwreck, neither knows that the other is alive. Viola goes into service with Count Orsino of Illyria, disguised as a young man, “Cesario.” Orsino sends Cesario to woo the Lady Olivia on his behalf, but Olivia falls in love with Cesario. Viola, in the meantime, has fallen in love with Orsino.
At the estate of Lady Olivia, Sir Toby Belch, Olivia’s kinsman, has brought in Sir Andrew Aguecheek to be her suitor. A confrontation between Olivia’s steward, Malvolio, and the partying Toby and his cohort leads to a revenge plot against Malvolio. Malvolio is tricked into making a fool of himself, and he is locked in a dungeon as a lunatic.
In the meantime, Sebastian has been rescued by a sea captain, Antonio. When Viola, as Cesario, is challenged to a duel, Antonio mistakes her for Sebastian, comes to her aid, and is arrested. Olivia, meanwhile, mistakes Sebastian for Cesario and declares her love. When, finally, Sebastian and Viola appear together, the puzzles around the mistaken identities are solved: Cesario is revealed as Viola, Orsino asks for Viola’s hand, Sebastian will wed Olivia, and Viola will marry Count Orsino. Malvolio, blaming Olivia and others for his humiliation, vows revenge.
- Evening Performances: January 8th, 9th and 13th-16th at 8 p.m.
*Public Preview Performance January 8
- Matinee Performances: January 10th & 17th at 2 p.m.
- Student Matinees: Wednesday January 13th and Friday January 15th at 10:30 a.m. 90 minutes prior to start time – box office opens and moody performance hall opens the front doors to the public (Email email@example.com for more information)
30 minutes prior to start time – the doors to the hall are opened and people can begin to take their seats
Moody Performance Hall. 2520 Flora St, Dallas, TX 75201
- Premium Seats: Friday/Saturday- $36.50; Weds/Thur/Sun- $31.50
- General Admission Tickets: Friday/Saturday- $31.50; Weds/Thur/Sun- $26.50
- Student Matinee: $10 (email Meagan Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
- Members can buy up to 6 tickets at 50% off (email Kristen Kelso at email@example.com for more information)
Premium seating is located in the orchestra center, rows D-K and row N. Click HERE to view a seating chart of the hall.
Students and Seniors: receive a $5 discount on general admission tickets for evening performances.
Rush Tickets: Discounted rush tickets are available 90 minutes before performances at the box office if tickets are available. Limited to 2/person; 100 in total are available for each performance.
Group Rates: Groups of 10 or more people receive a 10% discount. Because seating is on a first come, first serve basis, groups will need to arrive earlier to find seats together. Reserved seating for groups of 25 or more can be arranged by Shakespeare Dallas. Please call 214-871-5000 to purchase your group tickets.
Member Perks: Members receive early access to ticket sales and 50% discounts for up to 6 tickets. Become a member for year round perks. If you are a member, and you have not received your members code, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.