The Sound at Cypress Waters
Join us for the same high-quality Shakespeare in the Park performances you have come to love for 48 seasons, now with a unique, waterfront twist!
No outside food or drink allowed? No problem!
But what is Shakespeare in the Park without picnic baskets? Let us show you…
With restaurants and businesses literally across the lawn, you won’t have any trouble gathering your picnic…but you may have trouble choosing with so many excellent options and special offers exclusive for Shakespeare Dallas patrons and members! Step inside Flying Saucer and pick up your Bard’s Box* complete with a canned-in-front-of-you crowler of beer that you have hand-selected from their 44 on-tap offerings. Or head on over to Landon’s to pick up your reserved bottle of wine. Don’t want a full bottle? There will be a Landon’s Wine cart right on the lawn. Feeling like a burger and fries? We’ve got that too just down the path at Rodeo Goat for the Macbeth themed Battle of the Burgers! Haven’t tried the goat chips? You must!
Address: 3111 Olympus Blvd Dallas, TX 75019
*The Bard’s Box includes: President creamy Brie, Ilchester Stilton – “the king of English cheeses”, Cahil’s Irish Porter Cheddar cheese, Genoa Salami, Mortadella, Water Crest Crackers, Green Grapes, Honey, and Olive mix for $25; Crowler +$8; Can of Wine +$5
Food and Alcohol
No outside food or beverages are allowed. Please make use of the various restaurants and businesses within walking distance where food and beverages can be purchased to consume on the lawn. Whether a bard basket and crowler of beer from Flying Saucer, coffee and more from Ascension Coffee, or maybe a bottle of wine from Landon’s or a pizza frm Enos, you won’t have any trouble gathering your perfect Shakespeare in the park picnic! Browse food options here: https://thesoundtx.com/dine/
- In all lawn areas, including the Members Only section, guests are expected to honor the following arrangement: blankets closest to the front, sand chairs in the middle, high back chairs in the back. (A sand chair is a short lawn chair with a back that is 16 inches or less. A high back chair is a chair with a back that is 16 inches or higher.)
- The middle section of the lawn is reserved specifically for Shakespeare Dallas members and Season Pass holders. Only members and Season Pass holders are allowed to sit in that area. Not a member or a Season Pass holder? Join today.
- General admission seating is located on either side of the lawn.
- All guests are encouraged strongly to be considerate of those around them by looking to make sure a fellow audience member’s view is not blocked by a high-back chair. For audience comfort and convenience, Shakespeare Dallas offers sand chairs for rent at $5 each or 2 for $8.
Access to the Arts
Shakespeare Dallas strives to give the community accessible cultural arts by offering a flexible, scaled fee structure.
- On Thursday & Sunday nights the admission fee is $14 for adults, $11 for seniors and students. On Friday and Saturday nights the admission fee is $19 for adults, $16 for seniors and students. Tuesday & Wednesday nights there is a $10 donation requested.
- Children under 12 are always free.
- Shakespeare Dallas Members always enjoy unlimited free admission to Shakespeare in the Park, along with special seating and early entry. Not a member yet? Join Today.
- Group sales for 10 or more are also available. Click here for more information.
- In conjunction with the City of Dallas Office of Cultural Affairs and Parks and Recreation Department, Shakespeare Dallas will offer a limited number of free tickets to be distributed at local City of Dallas Recreation Centers.
Free parking is available in the parking lot and parking garage located behind the 3111 Olympus Blvd building. Additional parking can be found throughout the complex.
While it is usually breezy and cooler at the Park, weather conditions in North Texas can change rapidly. No performance will be cancelled due to weather prior to show time. The decision to delay or cancel a performance is made at 8 p.m. nightly. Our Facebook page also has the most up-to-date information on prior cancellations.
Shakespeare Dallas generally does not issue refunds except for the double- or over-charging of goods and services. In the event of a weather-related cancellation of a show, rain checks are issued so that our patrons may have every opportunity to see another performance. Refunds may only be issued for show cancellations during the last weekend of performances.
The Sound at Cypress Waters is wheelchair-accessible.
For the safety and comfort of all visitors, pets are not allowed in the park. Only service animals assisting visually impaired or disabled guests will be admitted.
Recording Devices and Cell Phones
Please feel free to bring recording devices to the Sound at Cypress Waters to document your enjoyable experience with Shakespeare Dallas. Once the performance has begun, please discontinue the use of any recording devices. Taking photographs poses a risk to the actors. Using digital cameras or video recorders violates union rules for the reproduction of a performance. Please turn off cell phones and pagers during the performance to prevent technical difficulties and interference during the performance.
We value your patronage and safety. While Shakespeare Dallas maintains high safety standards, it is important to advise you that there is some risk associated with our amphitheater seating relating to extreme weather conditions, lighting towers and other elements of a park environment. By entering the Sound at Cypress Waters, our guests assume all risks associated with the production and staging of live outdoor theater and agree to release Shakespeare Dallas, staff, event sponsors and all agents thereof from any and all liabilities associated with this production. If there are any questions please feel free to speak to a representative from our producing staff.