Using Shakespeare’s works as a cornerstone, Shakespeare Dallas serves the Southwest region with fun and accessible indoor and outdoor theatre, integrated school programs, and cultural enrichment for people of all ages and backgrounds.
With this mission, Shakespeare Dallas is seeking a Development Manager to join our growing organization. Primary responsibilities will be to execute fundraising strategies to engage volunteers, corporate and foundation partners as well as individuals who have a passion for the performing arts.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Execute annual fundraising plan to meet annual goals.
- Manage grant and corporate sponsorship pipeline, including identifying and researching potential funding sources and matching Shakespeare Dallas program goals and priorities with donor opportunities.
- Implement an individual campaign.
- Collaborate and maintain effective working relationships with key volunteers/donors.
- Work with the Executive and Artistic Director to develop and manage annual income and expense budget related to development efforts.
- Work with the Development Associate to cultivate, develop and steward grants from foundations, corporations and government entities.
- Coordinate and plan all Development Committee meetings and other campaign planning meetings.
- Work with team members to develop event strategies, metrics and outcomes for all development-related events. (Shakespeare Pub Crawl, Member receptions, cultivation events, etc.).
- Regularly give feedback to members of the development team in regard to individual and team performance. Administers written and verbal performance reviews for direct reports on an annual basis.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum of two years of professional fundraising experience in a non-profit environment.
- Minimum of a B.A., B.S. or equivalent degree.
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time.
- Strong ability to articulate and implement the annual strategic development plans.
- Proven history of soliciting gifts of $5K and up.
- Excellent leadership, team building, interpersonal and time management skills.
- High energy, results-oriented manager and must be a self-starter.
- Outstanding collaboration skills through effective communication.
- Strategic approach to problem solving.
- Personable presence and demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work face-to-face with the external community, including volunteers, donor prospects and members.
- Outstanding commitment to customer service.
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to multi-task.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills.
- Organized, energetic, flexible, detail-oriented and computer proficient.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to the mission and values of Shakespeare Dallas.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Deadline for applications is Feb. 19th.
Designers, Stage Managers
Seeking designers and stage managers for our 2016-2017 season of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare staged reading series. Please send resume and application (link below) to email@example.com.
Shakespeare Dallas offers opportunities for direct hands on experience with top artists, designers, and technicians in the area; a great working environment; and opportunities to connect with many different theatre companies in North Texas.
Most Shakespeare Dallas internships last 8 – 12 weeks and require 20 – 25 hours per week.
Housing and transportation are the responsibility of the intern. All internships are unpaid.
Applications for the 2017 summer season are due by March 15, 2017. Applications for the 2017 fall season are due by June 15, 2017.
• Stage Management or Running Crew
As an intern at Shakespeare Dallas, you can:
• Earn college credit (upon approval from your university/college)
• Get a great resume credit
• Receive a letter of recommendation from the Executive & Artistic Director
• Receive future employment opportunities with Shakespeare Dallas
Please email your completed application and resume to the intern supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line LAST NAME, FIRST NAME Internship Application. Thank you!