Job OpportunitiesProduction Manager
Shakespeare Dallas is seeking a qualified individual to serve as the Production Manager for the 2014 season. The position is a 9 month contract that runs from February – October 2014. This is a full time salaried position with a primary focus on the Shakespeare in the Park productions and secondary responsibilities to Shakespeare Unplugged and Shakespeare on the Go!. Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Job duties include:
• Oversee scheduling, staffing and budgeting all aspects of show production.
• Oversee, monitor, and evaluate design process of all shows.
• Work with designers to creatively solve all technical and financial challenges.
• Realize designs on time and on budget.
• Contract Designers and Design Assistants on all productions.
• Create and manage Production Department budget, and other long-term budgets.
• Consult on administration of payroll for all shows and production-related activity.
• Manage, monitor, and approve all production-related expenses.
• Supervise Production staff including all disciplinary and corrective action.
• Oversee hiring and contracting of Production staff in the shops and crew for shows.
• Organize scheduling of all use of rehearsal studios and shops.
• Lead production meetings and attend all technical rehearsals and previews;
• Coordinate development of production shops and staff and monitor capital expenses.
• Supervise maintenance on all equipment and facilities that are used in conjunction with SD productions.
• Serve as primary liaisons with Parks and Recreation Department for amphitheaters.
• Hands on support as needed for all departments including (but not limited to) stage work, purchasing, sourcing and researching materials and techniques.
• Bachelors Degree or Professional Equivalent.
• Experience in mid-sized not-for-profit theatre.
• High-level management experience (at least 3 years, preferably as a Production Manager).
• Thorough knowledge of all areas of theatrical production.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and work within approved budget.
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Excel, or similar spreadsheet programs.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather/analyze information skillfully.
• Ability to work well in group problem-solving situations.
• Ability to work under pressure on many projects and work with people of varying experience levels.
• Strong verbal communication skills, diplomatic and leadership skills.
Seeking stage managers for The Complete Works of William Shakespeare Staged Reading Series. Please send resume and application (link below) to firstname.lastname@example.org.